Incursion - I smell a 3D Playset


Nazi Zombies, US Deisel powered Combat Suits, scantily clad sub-machinegun wielding frauleins and the gritty British MI-13 comandos duke it out deep in the bowels of Gibraltar in an Epic Weird World War 2 struggle to destroy or deploy the dreaded Doomsday device - What's not to like?

Ein, Zwei, Die and all that!

At Salute 2011 (that's right... 2011... two years ago!!!) I picked up the Axis and Allied starter sets and a few extra figures (a zombie horde) to get the juices flowing. The trial games with cardboard counters were fun, challenging and, just as Mr Jim Bailey intended methinks - gagging for a 3D play-set and lots opf pretty models.

Inspired by Herrodadog's awesome 3D Incursion boards (you rock sir, you paved the way) and alongside every other ludicrously ambitious project I had underway, I set out to build my own 3D playset.

Whoopsy. I just couldn't help myself.

Targets were set, deadlines missed and the whole project almost abandoned for quite some time as I lived away from home working a full time job, maintained two businesses and got involved in all sorts of other nerdish fun along the way. However...here was the basic plan.

Two 24' by 30' self-contained fully modelled 3D terrain boards
40+ miniatures
9 objective markers
Resin counters
9 Doors

Easy, right...? Not exactly... but fun.

6 comments:

  1. You can't call yourself a hobbyist as long as you don't have at least two unstarted projetcs ;) Hope we can see pics soon, even if it's just a wip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unstarted is fine... unfished is what I worry about! :)

      Delete
  2. All sounds like a very doable project and will be great to follow, good luck with it and make sure we see some wip piccies along the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah we all have those side projects. You'll get there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done a fair bit opf plannig on it and taken my time over what might be possible and I'll try and use as many techniques I am familiar with and just experiment with one of two small bits. LIke you say, should be doable

    ReplyDelete